From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] upgrading to current
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 16:33:08
1 On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 11:38:57AM -0500, Clay Mitchell wrote:
2 > when starting from the latest .iso version, what do I need to
3 > install/upgrade to get everything working right... I get lots of problems if
4 > i merge in the latest portage (1.5-r7?), XFree86 doesn't compile, stuff
5 > complaining about not being able to install because of virtual/glibc; things
6 > like that. Whats the best way to go about getting everything running?
7
8 For now, I think a fresh install is best... or wait until 1.0 is released
9 and then put in the effort to convert your system in-place.
12 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
13 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org
14 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.