From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] meaning of sqlite/sqlite3 use flag
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 22:56:25
1 Hanno Böck kirjoitti:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I noticed that the sqlite/sqlite3-useflags have no consistent meaning in the
5 > tree.
6 >
7 > E.g.
8 > - apr-util uses sqlite for sqlite-2.x support and sqlite3 for sqlite-3.x
9 > support
10 > - eix uses sqlite for sqlite-3.x support
11 > Just the first examples I found, you can find countless for both of them in
12 > the tree.
13 >
14 > We should imho decide if
15 > a) sqlite means sqlite-2.x and sqlite3 means sqlite-3.x.
16 > b) sqlite means enable sqlite-support always and sqlite+sqlite3 means if both
17 > are available use sqlite-3.x instead of 2.x.
18 >
19 > I don't care which one (or a completely different one), but I think it should
20 > be made clear. At least I think the current behaviour in the tree doesn't
21 > really make sense.
25 We should remove 2.x from tree and use just sqlite.
26
27 Regards,
28 Petteri