From: "Thomas D." <whissi@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: enabling ipc-sandbox & network-sandbox by default
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 18:35:49
1 Hi,
2
3 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 > Sandboxing isn't about security. It's about catching mistakes.
5
6 From Wikipedia
7 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandbox_%28computer_security%29):
8 > In computer security, a sandbox is a security mechanism for
9 > separating running programs. It is often used to execute untested
10 > code, or untrusted programs from unverified third-parties,
11 > suppliers, untrusted users and untrusted websites
12
13 network-sandbox is using unshare() syscalls to separate... not?
14
15 But when I wrote my mail I was referring to Michal's statements in
16 <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/91131>. He is
17 explicitly listing "improving security"...
20 -Thomas