From: "vivo75@×××××.com" <vivo75@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Shall econf append its arguments to end of ./configure invocation?
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 11:43:59
1 On 04/30/13 13:12, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 05:30:03 +0000 (UTC)
3 > Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
4 >> There's value in someone being just contrarian enough to purposefully
5 >> look for the strangest or most illogical read of a spec and
6 >> (initially) implement it that way, in ordered to root out and get the
7 >> bugs in the spec fixed. That said...
8 > I highly doubt the person implementing the code for Paludis was doing
9 > it in a contrarian way. As far as I can see, he simply implemented what
10 > the spec says.
11 >
12 Nice to know. For how the discussion has gone before the opposite seemed
13 true.
14 Now, is it possible to alter the behaviour of paludis to act, still
15 following the specs, in a way compatible with portage and which seem
16 more logical to the majority of people writing this thread?
17 Or at least discuss the possibility for paludis to change behaviour?
18 It seem there would be some gain and nearly no loss, and make everyone
19 happy (or at least try to)
20
21 Best regards,
22 Francesco