From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] Breaking up the beast known as app-games
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 07:51:20
1 On Friday 05 September 2003 21:18, Luke-Jr wrote:
2 > Obviously, ebuilds can't have the same name... For BitTorrent, the ebuild
3 But they do. We already have few ebuilds with identical names in the tree (in
4 different categories of course). I don't remember specifics, just that this
5 was coming up in prior similar discussions and I think there are on an order
6 of 10 of them.. Just pointing out "the fact of life" that we would have to be
7 careful about when having to deal with actual reorganization.
8 IIRC, some of them were emacs modules having the same name as the language or
9 some such, for which they provided special emacs mode.
10 And there were angry users when I had to rename ebuilds to avoid name clashes
11 (f.e. balsa (the "oroginal" one, actually was created before the well known
12 gnome app) => tbass). So this may not be as simple as it seems...
13
14 George
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list