From: Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [git migration] The problem of ChangeLog generation
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 01:47:52
1 On 04/13/2010 12:33 PM, Matti Bickel wrote:
2 > Alec Warner wrote:
3 >> Its not possible in perforce once your change has been submitted.
4 >
5 > Oh, missed that one. Maybe that makes perforce more "auditble" or whatnot.
6
7 I suspect that is the gist of it. I work with numerous systems that
8 have audit trails that are subject to regulation, and it is pretty
9 typical that the way to "correct" an audit trail entry is to add an
10 additional audit trail entry (with the old entry still being there -
11 perhaps with a pointer to the new entry). There is no shame in
12 admitting that you made a mistake - the kinds of people who audit these
13 systems look at a lack of mistakes as evidence that something is being
14 hidden.
15
16 Rich