From: Patrick Kursawe <phosphan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] LaTeX documentation
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 14:57:06
1 On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 09:23:29PM +0000, Andrey Grozin wrote:
2 [...]
3 > Most disturbingly, there are a number of packages which (probably) run
4 > latex and do neither addwrite nor VARTEXFONTS. An incomplete list of such
5 > suspect packages is (for now, I only considered packages not directly
6 > related to TeX/LaTeX, i.e., not in dev-tex or dev-texlive and not
7 > TeX/LaTeX packages in app-text):
8 [...]
9 > media-gfx/sane-backends
10 [...]
11 > What do you think?
12
13 sane-backends had font generation disabled, but I changed it to the
14 VARTEXFONTS method for now. Wouldn't it be better to populate this
15 temporary directory with links to existing cached fonts or something like
16 this? I don't know much about latex internals, but computing the fonts
17 always because one _might_ be written sounds like a bad idea.
18
19 Bye, Patrick