From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: location of portage tree
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 09:28:00
1 On 29 March 2012 08:21, Aaron W. Swenson <titanofold@g.o> wrote:
5 > 'Support' is the keyword here. The repositories are regenerated given
6 > machinesan 'emerge --sync' and can be considered as temporary as the
7 > packages themselves are impermanent. Further, the repository isn't
8 > required to persist. If somebody really wanted to be hard on our
9 > infrastructure, they could do an 'emerge --sync' at boot to repopulate
10 > /var/cache/gentoo-repos/.
13 Though of course, if anybody has custom stuff in say, /usr/portage/local/
14 which they make by hand, nuking /usr/portage will make you *Very*
15 unpopular.
16
17 As will I be if I have /usr/portage/distfiles under /usr/portage/ and you
18 nuke /usr/portage including distfiles.
19
20 I could download distfiles again, but sorry, bandwidth is not free in every
21 country, and neither is the time wasted by redownloading it all.
24 Kent
25
26 perl -e "print substr( \"edrgmaM SPA NOcomil.ic\\@tfrken\", \$_ * 3, 3 )
27 for ( 9,8,0,7,1,6,5,4,3,2 );"