From: Sven Blumenstein <bazik@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] Re: [gentoo-dev] recent virus mails
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 18:20:16
1 > 5) use ClamAV to reject mails with actual viruses attached
2 >
3 > 6) add a bunch of rules to spamassassin to increase the scores of mails
4 > looking like a-v bounces: <http://www.exit0.us/index.php/VirusBounceRules>.
5
6 Do you mean to have this on the server or the client side?
7
8 We should do something on the server side IMO against this as people on
9 mailing lists like gentoo-user, gentoo-dev or even gentoo-core read
10 their mails from Windows, maybe machines at work where they might not
11 have this protection.
12
13 Plus rejecting is bad because of the faked sender addresses. I get
14 almost more bounced 'You have a virus!' messages than actual viruses...
17 .".
18 /V\ Sven "bazik" Blumenstein
19 // \\ Gentoo Linux SPARC Developer
20 /( )\ http://www.gentoo.org