From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] QA bikeshed: killing USE=dedicated in favor of uniform USE=client+server
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 17:18:04
1 On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 11:27 AM, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 08/21/2015 02:04 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >> Right now there isn't even a functional games team to leave alone, and
4 >> this isn't just about games.
7 > Exactly. Start there, instead of having the council or QA impose games
8 > policies. It's not their job.
11 Sure it is. These are tree consistency issues. And every project
12 falls under the scope of the Council. That's what it is there for.
13
14 If there is something you want us to do to make the games team start
15 working feel free to suggest it. We're all volunteers. You can't
16 force people to join the games team.
17
18 Do you really want me to just join the games team myself, elect myself
19 lead, and then impose sensible policies by fiat? I don't think that
20 this is any better than having a discussion on the lists, and then
21 having the Council take a vote. If somebody were stepping up and
22 saying that they've got this one I'd be inclined to give them some
23 runway to do it.
26 Rich