From: "Bryan Østergaard" <kloeri@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Resignation
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 14:30:12
1 On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 09:04:39AM -0500, Jeffrey Gardner wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Jakub Moc wrote:
6 > > So.... Since devrel has been so kind and suspended me, based on our
7 > > brand new CoC, I don't feel any need to stay on this project any more.
8 > > I'm therefore resigning from this project.
9 >
10 > It was recently said that if you had been the 20th or 30th person to get
11 > sanctioned, you could have just relaxed and enjoyed the vacation time.
12 > But since the CoC is fairly new, and you're the first one (that I can
13 > remember) to get suspended, it stings more than it should.
14 > Anyway, what I'm trying to say is don't take it so hard...it's not that
15 > big a deal.
16 >
17 Ok, I'm going to quote something I wrote on the -core mailing list that
18 will hopefully help to clear up this misunderstanding about the decision
19 being based on the new code of conduct.
20
21 "Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned CoC at all since it seems to confuse a
22 few people.
23
24 We're not suspending jakub based on CoC but based on a long string of
25 bad behaviour. That behaviour certainly violates the code of conduct in
26 many cases but the suspension isn't based on CoC as such but rather the
27 numerous devrel complaints and warnings he's already received."
28
29 In short, the suspension is based on repeated bad behaviour during a
30 long period of time and despite warning him several times there's been
31 no improvement in his behaviour. That's why we're calling for a timeout
32 with this suspension and hoping that jakub will reconsider his
33 behaviour.
34
35 Regards,
36 Bryan Østergaard