From: Dennis Schridde <devurandom@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Hanno Böck" <hanno@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Package up for grabs: app-arch/unar
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2019 19:22:05
1 On Montag, 9. Dezember 2019 13:03:02 CET Hanno Böck wrote:
2 > It's an archive unpacker written in objective C, which makes it
3 > dependency-heavy (particularly requires gcc compiled with objc).
4 > I originally got interested because it was the only free unpacker
5 > capable of handling modern rar archives. However libarchive does that
6 > these days, so I don't see a strong need for unar any more.
7
8 Thanks for that hint!
9
10 app-arch/unar currently seems to be the only free choice for kde-apps/
11 kdeutils-meta-19.08.3[rar]:
12 rar? ( || (
13 app-arch/rar
14 app-arch/unrar
15 app-arch/unar
16 ) )
17
18 Does anyone know, does kde-apps/ark (for which kdeutils-meta depends on the
19 rar implementations) also support app-arch/libarchive for RAR files? Is any
20 useflag needed to get RAR support in libarchive?
21
22 If kde-apps/ark does support unpacking RAR files with app-arch/libarchive,
23 could it please be added to that dependency list? Then app-arch/unar could be
24 removed from my system.
25
26 --Dennis