From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Make FEATURES=test the default
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 00:23:38
1 Kevin F. Quinn wrote:
2 > I'd like to suggest we make FEATURES=test (and therefore USE=test) the
3 > default behaviour, rather than the opt-in we currently have. Far too
4 > many packages fail their test phase.
5 >
6 > Since we encourage users to set CFLAGS in ways that upstream may not
7 > have predicted, if upstream go to the trouble of providing tests it
8 > seems sensible to me that they should be run, unless there is a very
9 > good reason not to run them. This will help pick up faults that are due
10 > to the compiler version, CFLAGS etc much more consistently.
11 >
12 > At the very least, ebuild maintainers and ATs should be running with
13 > tests switched on. If the tests are known to fail then the ebuild can
14 > either RESTRICT=test, or just return successfully from src_test()
15 > where the test report is useful even if some tests fail.
16 >
17 > Thoughts?
18
19 Give me some numbers on how many things still fail with that enabled
20 because I would be concerned if the number is too high.
21 --
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list