From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: hasufell@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Response to a "friendly note" about changing bug reports
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 13:31:32
1 On Wed, 07 Aug 2013 14:41:14 +0200
2 hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I don't see any issue here. You are a bug wrangler and should have the
5 > authority to mess with anything in bugzilla.
6
7 As far as I know people in that project are no different from people out
8 of that project; you could start a similar project, or something totally
9 different but that doesn't give you extra authority or permissions. If
10 such thing has been written down for the bug wranglers project then I
11 would like to see; but until then, this is merely an unreferenced
12 contradiction and not an an actual counter argument. There is an issue.
13
14 > However, if you have scripts that rely on such specific form of bug
15 > title, then they are broken.
16
17 I wish summaries were collaboratively made that way; until then, we can
18 only fight for some consistency in places where we don't create noise
19 or have to explain our reasoning again and again and ...
20
21 > If you have issues to sort/read use a proper mail client with
22 > filtering options.
23
24 By those lists mail clients aren't necessarily meant; there is
25 https://bugs.gentoo.org/bots.html as well as the option to send whine
26 mails, which aren't necessarily as easy as to process as what you have
27 on mind. Especially not since no proper package atoms are used as well
28 as it isn't fool proof to decide whether a part of a sentence is a
29 package atom or not; when you're dealing with error output from compiler
30 and what not, you can't simply assume */* syntax to suffice.
31