From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-project] RFC: "Trusted contributor model"
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 10:37:23
1 > Once again new council has been elected: congratulations to the chosen
2 > members! And once again many nominees expressed their wishes to see more
3 > non-developer contributors to become official developers. Yet, only very
4 > few people (if any) are interested in mentoring them. I get it, the
5 > relationship between a mentor and their mentee is very intimate, and
6 > mentoring takes a lot of time. While the Github PRs are helping us
7 > increase the user contributions merged, perhaps it's distancing us from
8 > creating stronger bonds with the contributors? But more about this topic
9 > later.
10
11 Actually, we are doing quite well in terms of recruiting at the moment.
12 I would love to see this continue.
13
14 And yes, mentors are important for that.
17 Andreas K. Hüttel
18 dilfridge@g.o
19 Gentoo Linux developer
20 (council, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)