From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The changes about the stabilization process
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2016 19:55:52
1 Hi,
2
3 On Sun, 25 Dec 2016 13:41:29 +0100 Agostino Sarubbo wrote:
4 > Runtime testing required (which is not mandatory) needs to be filled in the
5 > following way:
6 > - Yes, you are asking to run a package after have compiled/installed it.
7 > - No, you don't need runtime testing (e.g. packages that install only some
8 > files).
9
10 What is a recommended way to describe how runtime testing should be
11 done? Some packages are quite complex and it is desired not only to
12 run them, but to run with some args or do some actions.
13
14 Some ideas:
15
16 - copying description from one stablereq to another doesn't seem
17 very practical to me;
18 - adding comment inside ebuild is possible, but likely be missed
19 during testing, especially for large ebuilds; also it looks like
20 somewhat misused of ebuild;
21 - maybe add new metadata tag like:
22 <testing>
23 Description how to test this package...
24 </testing>
25 ?
26
27 Another question: do we steel need to set STABLEREQ keyword for
28 stabilization bugs? Since we now have a dedicated Stabilization
29 component, STABLEREQ looks redundant.
30
31 And thank you all for an awesome change :)
32
33 Best regards,
34 Andrew Savchenko