From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Revision diffs
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2015 13:16:33
1 These days, if I'm careful to revbump when necessary AND limit my
2 commits to one logical change, can I wind up going from (say) -r1 all
3 the way to -r4 before pushing my changes.
4
5 That looks a little weird to users, but whatever, I can explain it. The
6 real annoyance is that I don't get decent diffs anymore. If I run `git
7 diff` or `git show ...` after making those three revbumps, what I see is
8 that I added and removed the entire ebuild three times. True, but useless.
9
10 What I'd *like* to see is,
11
12 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/commit/?id=74ec204a022e4126ca35008c0c27d13645d8ca27
13
14 What magic is this? And how do I make it my default in gentoo.git?