From: Luis Medinas <metalgod@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites for some CD/DVD-recording applications
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 12:40:27
1 On Sat, 2006-07-08 at 14:11 +0200, Kevin F. Quinn wrote:
2 > On Sat, 8 Jul 2006 13:09:29 +0200
3 > Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > app-cdr/xcdroast: A nice rustical application, which reminds
6 > > me to my first CD-burnings on Linux... But there was no
7 > > upstream update within 2,5 years. Also there are now a
8 > > lot of other gtk2-based applications which are bettter
9 > > than xcdrtools.
10 >
11 > If there's nothing actually broken with xcdroast, why remove it? It
12 > does provide a cd-burning app for those who want something with few
13 > dependencies. Are there other CD-burning apps that don't depend on qt
14 > or gtk2?gre
15 >
16 > hmm; I notice it wants cdrecord-prodvd for dvd writing - will it not
17 > use the newer app-cdr/cdrtools to support DVDs (perhaps with the -n
18 > option to not check the tool version)? Presumably the newer cdrtools
19 > is backwards-compatible with the cdrecord-prodvd command line options?
20 >
21 I've talked with Lars we will keep xcdroast for a bit. Instead we will
22 remove simplecdrx that i will mask now. The upstream is dead for years
23 and there's not need to keep it.
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list