From: Anders Thomson <andersthomson888@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>, Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Deleting old news items
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2018 22:11:45
1 On January 6, 2018 9:30:51 PM GMT+01:00, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
2 >On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 2:51 PM, Anders Thomson
3 ><andersthomson888@×××××.com>
4 >wrote:
8 >> As a non-dev...
9 >> >
10 >> >In fact, it is the PM that would do the filtering, before filling
11 >the
12 >> >list of unread news items in...
13 >>
14 >> How come news' transport is tied to the pm / package tree at all? It
15 >would
16 >> seem more natural to fetch news using e.g. rss and have a reader
17 >(which i
18 >> can configure) sort out what to fetch/display when.
21 >https://www.gentoo.org/glep/glep-0042.html#requirements details the
22 >whys.
23 >
24 Thanks.
25 Which of the requirements requires transport to be in a particular manner? I see implications on pm, but nothing on transport.
26
27 A
30 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.