From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Making user patches globally available
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 09:13:11
1 On 04/15/2012 02:03 AM, Ryan Hill wrote:
2 >> The reason that Funtoo's FEATURES=localpatch applies patches before
3 >> src_prepare is that it's common for eautoreconf to be called inside
4 >> src_prepare, and applying patches after src_prepare can create a need to
5 >> call eautoreconf a second time.
6 >
7 > Well that could waste a bit of time but is pretty much harmless, no?
8
9 I don't know. Somebody who's familiar with eautoreconf will have to comment.
10
11 > And the
12 > existing usages of epatch_user (other than autotools-utils) don't eautoreconf
13 > anyways, nor should they in case the package doesn't use autotools.
14
15 I haven't really studied the usage patterns. The nice thing about
16 delegating the epatch_user call to the ebuild/eclass is that it allows
17 the epatch_user call be positioned directly before an eautoreconf call
18 when appropriate.
19 --
20 Thanks,
21 Zac