From: "Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov" <mva@×××.name>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Implicit system dependency
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 04:43:15
1 В письме от Вт, 18 ноября 2014 03:28:08 пользователь Duncan написал:
2 > Tho I actually appreciate the "you get to keep the pieces" aspect as
3 > Unlike many distros, gentoo actually respects the user and their
4 > right to decide enough to give them the /power/ to break the system, if
5 > they "drink and emerge", or similar foolish things. The guard rails are
6 > there and that's appreciated, but there's also unlocked gates (with clear
7 > warnings on them) thru those guard rails, because that's what gentoo is
8 > /about/. Sure, people can and do go thru those gates from time to time,
9 > but it's their responsibility to be appropriately roped up if they do,
10 > and if they can't do that and end up falling off the gentoo cliff and
11 > landing on arch or fedora (or even osx or ms windows!) instead, well, it
12 > was probably for the best.
13 >
14 > So let's keep the warnings there as they do warn the unwary, but also the
15 > unlocked gates thru those default-use railings. =:^)
16
17 That message should be sent as auto-reply to every 1.5 messages in this thread
18 (and maybe in entire gentoo-dev, I think)! :)
21 Best regards,
22 mva