From: Francesco R <vivo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] MySQL 4.0 => 4.1 upgrade
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 18:09:23
1 Maurice van der Pot wrote:
2
3 >Is this path going to be published somewhere or is this mail it?
6 Not from me atm, I feel very bad at writing anglish documentation. An
7 eventual reader sure feel worst.
8
9 >On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 01:08:06PM +0200, Francesco R wrote:
12 >>cmd# ebuild /var/db/pkg/dev-db/mysql-4.1.14/mysql-4.1.14.ebuild config
15 >This asks for a password, but not all passwords can be entered.
16 >Specifically one with a ` in it fails =]
17 >
18 >Also, when it outputs:
19 > "Check the password"
20 >it is asking you to enter the password again. I wasn't sure how to
21 >interpret this, because the password was shown on the screen so it might
22 >have been asking me to verify it and type ok or something.
25 It's a mixture, I've received a suggestion in bugzilla on howto hide the
26 password, but need to be tested on all platform before.
29 >And here's a character case mismatch:
32 >>--result-file=BACKUP_MYSQL_4.0.SQL
33 >>cmd# cat backup_mysql_4.0.sql \
39 ach it has been discovered, I was already singing victory.
40
41 >Regards,
42 >Maurice.
47 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list