From: Julian Simioni <julian@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] packages to grab
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2016 21:07:21
1 On 01/07, Justin Lecher (jlec) wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA512
4 >
5 > Dear everyone,
6 >
7 > due to changes in real life I need to cut back vastly my day to day
8 > maintainer work starting in February. So far I have no clue how much
9 > time I can devote to Gentoo in nearer future.
10 >
11 > I will move all packages I maintain [1] to the associated projects if
12 > possible. All devs are free to take what ever you are interested in. I
13 > am also happy to proxy contributors if they like to maintain a package.
14 >
15 > My plan is to focus more on task which I can handle more flexible.
16 >
17 > Regarding the projects I am involved in I have the following ideas:
18 >
19 > _Recruiters_
20 >
21 > We are again actively looking for someone who is doing the review
22 > session. The candidate should have solid knowledge about the various
23 > aspects for Gentoo reaching from packaging to institutional aspects.
24 > Further, you should be able to work with inexperienced contributors
25 > and have fun teaching the necessary bits.
26 >
27 > Secondly, I would like to work strategically on our recruitment
28 > process. This includes reworking of the quizzes and a general
29 > assessment of the process as well as new options. We won't change
30 > anything over night, but I really think we can do simpler and better.
31 >
32 > In case you are interested in either topic, feel free to drop a mail
33 > to recruiters@g.o.
34 >
35 > _Science_
36 >
37 > We are understaffed for a long time. So in case you like to join feel
38 > free to do so. This is also and especially directed to the community.
39 > I strongly encourage you to contribute via PR to the overlay or the
40 > main gentoo.git. If you have proven yourself in contributions and
41 > still nobody encouraged you to become a full dev, don't hesitate to
42 > express your wish and we will manage your recruitment.
43 >
44 > _Council_
45 >
46 > My council duties should not be affected.
47 >
48 > _Other project_
49 >
50 > For the time being, I need to drop most work there.
51 >
52 > Cheers,
53 > Justin
54 >
55 > 1)
56 > http://euscan.gentooexperimental.org/maintainers/jlec%40gentoo.org/
78 Hi,
79 I'd love to proxy-maintain app-admin/pwgegn: it's used by app-admin/pass
80 which I use quite a bit.
81
82 Thanks,
83 Julian