From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: app-portage/genlop: 9 open bugs, dead upstream
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 09:29:05
1 As the original handler of genlop (it was assigned to perl herd when it
2 first was asked to be added, since its written in perl) I strongly vote
3 against dropping the package (ok, I didn't even realize it had been
4 switched over to the portage-tools group for maintenance, and as such
5 that there were even bugs open against it). The funny thing about no
6 more activity upstream is this: why would there be? Except for bug
7 fixes, it does a simple job, and it does it damned well: it parses your
8 emerge log and gives you just the output you want and need. Don't
9 abandon a tool just because it has reached its final state ;)