From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new config files....
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 05:27:10
1 lör 2001-12-08 klockan 04.00 skrev Zach Forrest:
2 > Is there any particular reason for new config files to be hidden? I
3 > would personally prefer dropping the period so the format would be
4 > '_cfg????_*'. That way they're out in the open and easy to deal with.
5
6 eek, :) I wouldn't want my /etc to be full of _cfg???_*, much better
7 imho with the current one.
8
9 When merging it tells you how many config-files that needs update then
10 you just have to do:
11
12 cd /etc
13 find . -name "._cfg*"
14
15 and then deal with them
16
17 Regards,
18 Mikael Hallendal
22 Mikael Hallendal
23 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
24 CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden