From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council Reminder for June 25
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 20:13:35
1 >>>>> On Mon, 22 Jun 2009, Thomas Anderson wrote:
2
3 > Attached is the preliminary meeting agenda.
4
5 Agenda is fine with me.
8 > Define EAPI development/deployment cycles
9 > -----------------------------------------
10
11 > Last meeting several members expressed support for Ciaran McCreesh's
12 > suggestions[1].
13
14 I think we should try the outlined procedure for the next EAPI, with
15 one exception:
16
17 | [...] give them all an arbitrary codename that in no way describes
18 | the feature
19
20 To keep it simple we should choose names that roughly describe what
21 the features are about.
22
23 | (so that certain people can't vote and discuss things based upon
24 | what they think the feature is without bothering to find out if it's
25 | anything to do with what they assume).
26
27 Of course that's not desirable. But can you give a concrete example
28 where such a thing happened?
29
30 Ulrich
31