From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] DIGESTS metadata variable for cache validation
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 23:30:14
1 On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 15:27:54 -0800
2 Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
3 > > Which is offset and more by the massive inconvenience of having to
4 > > keep track of and store junk under version control.
5 >
6 > I think you're making it out to be worse than it really is. Like I
7 > said, I think we have a justifiable exception to the rule.
8
9 If you start encouraging this approach, are you prepared to make
10 Portage warn extremely noisily if a repository-provided (as opposed to
11 user generated) cache entry is found to be stale?
14 Ciaran McCreesh