From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Nomination for robbat2 - My issue, getting Gentoo more verifiable via signing
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 07:47:25
1 On Sat, Jul 01, 2006 at 02:46:59AM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > weeeeeeeeell it's about that time of the year ... time for nominating people
3 > for the next Gentoo Council
4 Hi,
5
6 I know I haven't been around a huge amount lately, I'm getting married
7 in a month, so I've been a bit busy. However I would like to run for
8 Council - with a specific eye towards getting the tree signed and
9 verifiable.
10
11 I have been working on the issue, and I've got a set of proto-GLEPs that
12 I need to polish off and post up for discussion. For the most part,
13 we're closer to doing it than realized by most, and the work required on
14 the part of each developer isn't large at all. Most importantly, the
15 base part of it is accomplished simply with the collaboration of the
16 Portage crew and Infrastructure - more details to follow soon.
17
18 I'm not certain if it's good to be a one-issue candidate but
19 adding security to the tree is something that presents a major gain to
20 Gentoo.
23 Robin Hugh Johnson
24 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
25 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85