From: Lucas Ramage <ramage.lucas94@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] sys-boot/plymouth needs major fixes/maintainer
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2017 14:23:57
1 I am looking into this for openrc. I copied it over to my personal overlay.
2
3 On Fri, Aug 4, 2017, 10:17 AM Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o> wrote:
4
5 > On K, 2017-07-26 at 11:56 +0200, Pacho Ramos wrote:
6 > > sys-boot/plymouth is orphan for a long time. Its old 0.8.x versions
7 > > where having
8 > > important bugs that were fixed in 0.9.x, but 0.9 is also plenty of
9 > > issues. Then,
10 > > either this is adopted by someone able to handle all that issues or
11 > > we will need
12 > > to finally treeclean (and drop its support for dependant packages)
13 >
14 > So despite this thread, this got suddenly p.masked.
15 >
16 > It seems most issues are related to usage with OpenRC, plus some
17 > stopping issue with sddm.
18 >
19 > I can soon look into the systemd aspects, but are there anyone
20 > interested in the openrc use case, to help out there?
23 > Mart