From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development Mail List <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Project-specific, but user/developer-interesting documentation
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 17:35:56
1 On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 12:04:41PM -0500, Chris PeBenito wrote:
2 > I've been concerned of it getting out of date, but theres not much we
3 > can do other than to keep on it. One solution is if we could come up
4 > with a dynamic kind of guide. Split up the guide into chapters, then
5 > each project (or arch for that matter) could reuse whatever chapters are
6 > common, and use their own modified chapters where needed. That way
7 > everyone would have up to date install guides. It could be implemented
8 > on top of the guide.xsl, kinda in the same way pauldv did the project
9 > xml. </brainstorm>
10
11 We are currently working on a Gentoo Handbook of which the sections are
12 seperate files. I'll take a look at the SELinux installation guide and see
13 what sections are usable.
14
15 Wkr,
16 Sven Vermeulen