From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: udev and /usr
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 18:07:42
Joost Roeleveld posted on Fri, 16 Sep 2011 10:36:27 +0200 as excerpted:

> I agree, I just used this example to explain that it shouldn't be > necessary to force an initramfs on all users just because there is a > small group who wants to have an extreme setup.
Careful with the "extreme". As you no doubt realize by now, the udev folks apparently consider anyone wanting a separate /usr but not an initr* "extreme". That'd certainly apply double if said admin (since no simple "user" cares about such stuff, in this view) had /usr on lvm. -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: udev and /usr Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: udev and /usr Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>