From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o, gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] emerge-webrsync bandwidth improvement
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 13:01:43
1 Hola all.
2
3 Just sending out a notice for those who have low bandwidth
4 connections- app-portage/emerge-delta-webrsync was added to the tree
5 earlier this week, and I'd like to get some user feedback on it.
6
7 Short version of it: it pulls down patches instead of pulling a full
8 snapshot. Figure ~100kB per day. (if you were using emerge-webrsync
9 already, per day is 19mB normally, for rsync figure 3mB).
10
11 Long version of it:
12 http://dev.gentoo.org/~ferringb/blog/archives/2005-03.html#e2005-03-29T17_14_42.txt
13 and
14 http://dev.gentoo.org/~ferringb/blog/archives/2005-04.html#e2005-04-04T04_47_41.txt
15
16 It's a work in progress, but it's been functional without any major
17 bugs for a few weeks now, so if you're interested, take it for a spin.
18
19 ~brian
20 PS: if responding to me via gentoo-user, kindly cc me- I'm not on that
21 ml (too much mail already).