From: "Tomá? Chvátal" <scarabeus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: git-2.eclass final review
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 08:45:35
1 On Tuesday 22 of March 2011 22:07:25 you wrote:
2 > Hi guys,
3 > as there are no more complaints in kde overlay i would like you to test
4 > your git using live ebuild with this new git-2 eclass and tell me how
5 > you like it.
6 >
7 > Also usual review of what already is in is welcomed because i would
8 > really really like to move this thing into main tree.
9 >
10 > Cheers
11 >
12 > Tom
13 So after implementing last request to allow bare and non bare checkouts
14 switching i still didn't find time to write support for bare checkouts with
15 submodules. But for now it works and migration between both types works
16 flawlessly.
17
18 New function is "git-2_migrate_repository".
19
20 In the attachment you can find both full eclass and patch since last review.
21 I would really really like to put it into main tree unless issues are
22 reported/found :)
23
24 I also had to move all eclass_variable definitions out of function scope
25 because they were not displayed by eclass-manpages. On that note i kinda hoped
26 that from the string i written into the @DESCRIPTION there will be default
27 value extracted. so maybe eclass-manpages awk could be altered? What do you
28 think?
29
30 Cheers
31
32 PS: sending this from kmail so i am not sure if the sign will be ok, but for
33 sure the FROM and TO lines will be encoded incorrectly :)
36 Tomáš Chvátal
37 Gentoo Linux Developer [Cluster/Council/KDE/QA/Sci/X11]
38 E-Mail : scarabeus@g.o
39 GnuPG FP : 94A4 5CCD 85D3 DE24 FE99 F924 1C1E 9CDE 0341 4587
40 GnuPG ID : 03414587

git-2.eclass text/plain
git-2.patch text/x-patch