From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ekeyword and ordering
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 13:10:21
1 On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 00:47 +0200, Lars Weiler wrote:
2 > * Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o> [05/06/06 18:26 -0400]:
3 > > alpha
4 > > -----------------------------
5 > > - looks nicer (subjective)
6 > > - easier to tell at a glance if a given keyword is in the list
7 >
8 > I'm for this. You can easily compare two ebuilds' KEYWORDS,
9 > when you have the same order.
10
11 I assume you mean comparison between versions, what happens a lot when
12 doing ebuild updates. In that case order doesn't matter as long as it
13 stays consistent. What happens right now is that order is far from
14 consistent with some developers applying their own devised alpha
15 ordering whenever they touch a package. So the problem is not so much
16 what ordering is preferable, but that people change order without
17 discussing it.
18
19 > maintainer's arch should be stored in the metadata, if there
20 > is a need for.
21
22 Maintainer's arch could be ebuild/slot specific. I'm not yet convinced
23 metadata is the right place.
24
25 - foser