From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] stabilizing libraries without testing reverse deps
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 16:58:31
1 On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 12:40:04AM +0200, Thomas Kahle wrote:
2 > On 09/29/2013 11:41 PM, hasufell wrote:
3 > > It seems this happens more frequently these days, so I'd like to
4 > > remind people to check stable reverse deps before stabilizing a
5 > > library, especially when this is a non-maintainer stablereq.
6 > >
7 > > Arch teams do not test them, so this is the business of the maintainer
8 > > or the dev who requested stabilization.
9 >
10 > Huh. This must be new. When I was still arch-testing, reverse deps
11 > were checked. app-portage/tatt (which is sort of maintainer-needed now)
12 > has support for these tests too.
13
14 Agreed. I was always told that it is up to the arch teams to test the
15 reverse deps.
16
17 William
18