From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GTK-Updates
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 05:25:08
1 Sebastian Werner <sebastian@××××××××××××××××××.de> writes:
2
3 Hi!
4
5 Sorry for the late answer. I'm trying to find information about
6 exactly what is breaking. This patch is very hackich and doesn't
7 support i18n fully (that's why it won't go into Gtk+).
8
9 I tried it at my computer with locale se_SE and it didn't work as one
10 would like. It does look good where it works but a lot of things
11 didn't look so good.
12
13 About the mail you sent me with USE="fontrender", I think that if we
14 were to add a USE for this it shouldn't be named fontrender since it
15 only applies to Gtk+ and not any other packages.
16
17 Can we use some stuff that only apply to Gtk+? like
18
19 USE_XFT=1 emerge gtk+-1.2.10.ebuild
20
21 and not have it in /etc/make.conf?
22
23 > In german it works good. If I choose Verdana with ISO-xxx-1 or
24 > ISO-xxx-15.
25 >
26 > Hava anybody an idea who to set the gtkfontsize. I can choose the
27 > font, but i don't like that this rendered TrueTypes are mostly bigger
28 > than the fonts i used the time before.
29
30 >From what I've heard fontselector won't work,
31
32 Regards,
33 Mikael Hallendal