From: "John R. Graham" <n3440d@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI-1 (or >1, perhaps) Proposal: AND Dependencies
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:14:12
1 Marijn Schouten (hkBst) wrote:
2 > AND is already the implicit combinator. Thus simply listing both these
3 > atoms
4 > gives what you want:
5 >
6 > > =some-cat/foo-4.0
7 > <some-cat/foo-4.3
8 >
9 > Still a special syntax for ranges seems like a good idea. If only portage
10 > would not upgrade past such specifications (and downgrade the next time).
11 Sorry; I made a mistake on my second example. Meant to say
12 ( && >=some-cat/foo-4.1 <some-cat/foo-4.3 )
13 to imply that there were versions *less* than 4.1 that should not be
14 picked up.
15
16 I'm not hung up *at all* on the syntax, though, and just modeled my
17 example after the existing OR syntax.
18
19 - John
20 --
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list