From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Hanno Böck" <hanno@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Jonas Stein <jstein@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Upstream remote-id types in package metadata
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 17:06:32
1 >>>>> On Sun, 22 May 2022, Hanno Böck wrote:
2
3 >> Some of them seem to be obsolete. Presumably freshmeat, gitorious, and
4 >> google-code should be removed? Any other removal candidates?
5
6 > I'm not sure about Google code.
7
8 > While it's no longer an active site, it is still online in an archived
9 > state. We maintain plenty of packages that have no active upstream,
10 > and having a reference to an unmaintained previous upstream which
11 > still allows downloading the code and the repo archive seems like a
12 > good thing.
13
14 The same is true for gitorious, but we have dropped those remote-ids
15 from the tree nevertheless:
16 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/commit/?id=f8fd6bd07efee4d36a1babf55d6e69c7cb4a93d4
17
18 However, I think that your point is valid. So the basic question is
19 whether we should keep dead upstreams in that list, for archival
20 purposes? If the answer is yes, then consequently we should also keep
21 gitorious (and maybe revert above commit?).
22
23 Ulrich