From: twofourtysix <twofourtysix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Software patents
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 05:37:59
1 On 05/07/05, Robert Paskowitz <r2d2@g.o> wrote:
2 > Are you personally prepared to practice what you preach? You had better
3 > start by uninstalling the linux kernel...
4
5 I personally am not going around encouraging people to take a stance
6 upon an issue whilst simultaneously helping out the very people
7 against whom one is supposed to be standing. I applaud Gentoo's
8 efforts in displaying the banners, but so long as Gentoo continues to
9 assist and advertise for the very companies who are pushing for
10 software patents, I do not see it as a particularly credible protest.
11 Would it not be better to avoid becoming involved in the issue
12 entirely if one is not prepared to back up a cute little banner with
13 actual actions?
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list