From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [1/3] Automatic *XML->Wiki wiki.gentoo.org
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 00:29:31
1 From the infra perspective, I would like to add that I support this
2 move, I just have a few concerns on the conversion, one of which is
3 dealt with here.
4
5 > I've committed my draft XSL to the gentoo/xml/htdocs/xsl location, named
6 > guidexml2wiki.xsl. It still requires some updates that I'll work on soon
7 > (such as handling internal links) as I'll be using it more and more for the
8 > guides on gentoo.org/doc/en to move to the wiki as well.
9 > ProjectXML generates towards GuideXML, so should be usable chained.
10 It would be nice to move the foundation/ content to the Wiki as well I
11 think.
12
13 > PS An ebuild for a single stylesheet seems like overkill to me, but i've
14 > been proven incorrect in the past...
15 I think it would help a lot of the devs that are put off by the concept
16 of XML/XSLT. Just give them a little wrapper script to generate wiki
17 output.
18
19 One of my large concerns was how to handle some of the tag conversion.
20 We have a lot of custom tags, plus some interesting behavior in some
21 tags.
22
23 Sven's XSL makes a very good start, but somebody needs to put in some
24 TLC for the following tags in conversion, and/or can we have it emit
25 something useful so we know when we hit a tag that's missing in the
26 XSLT.
27
28 Here's my list of tags found in proj/ that aren't in the XSLT so far:
29 (the "/>" is just because I collapsed the tag of any attributes, there probably
30 needs to be an audit of how the XSL handles attributes).
31
32 179 <body/>
33 145 <i/>
34 74 <mail/> (optional attribute link)
35 27 <dev/>
36 25 <br/>
37 18 <license/>
38 15 <extrachapter/> (optional attribute position)
39 9 <resource/> (attribute resource)
40 7 <project/>
41 7 <name/>
42 7 <longname/>
43 7 <longdescription/>
44 7 <description/>
45 6 <subproject/> (attribute ref)
46 4 <goals/>
47 2 <summary/>
48 2 <requirements/>
49 2 <recruitment/>
50 2 <keyword/>
51 2 <job/>
52 2 <details/>
53 2 <contact/>
54 1 <var/>
55 1 <subtitle/>
56 1 <stmt/>
57 1 <ident/>
58 1 <extraproject/> (attribute name)
59 1 <const/>
62 Robin Hugh Johnson
63 Gentoo Linux: Developer, Trustee & Infrastructure Lead
64 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
65 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85