From: Branko Badrljica <brankob@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] openrc-0.5.1 arrived in the tree
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 00:13:16
1 Dawid Węgliński wrote:
2 > sapphire ~ # qlist openrc | grep doc
3 > /usr/share/doc/openrc/net.example
4 > /usr/share/doc/openrc/net.default
7 As said, I already did that. In fact, that was the first thing I was
8 looking for. After seeing post here about radical changes in v0.5, that
9 was the first thing I did. But net.example showed NO obvious changes.
10 Nevertheless, I tried both- my original net and one that I derived from
11 net.example anew.
12
13 Just for the fun of it, I reemerged openrc-0.5-r1 just now, edited
14 net.example, and tried both- my original net and edited net.example.
15
16 This time, machine boots and sets both lo and eth0 without any error
17 message, but it fails to set default route, so without manual "route add
18 default gw 192.168.1.1" net is dead. And machine is stuck at "checking
19 local filesystems " for a whole few minutes now without apprently doing
20 anything, but this is besides the point here.
21
22 And, for the umpteenth time:
23
24 1. openrc was remerged with default "oldnet" flag
25
26 2. I did check net.example
27
28 3. All I asked is for this things to be available. Few words, if nothing
29 else. Preferrably on news, so I can get them after emerge but bugzilla
30 is also acceptable. Forums are nice, but not adequate communication
31 channel for such purpose.
32
33 I found only one chap with a problem close to mine on forum, and he was
34 left without an answer:
35
36 net.eth0 doesn't work at boot
37 <http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-797108-highlight-openrc.html>