From: Eray Aslan <eras@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 16:31:44
1 On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 10:44:48AM -0400, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > [1] Which isn't to say that I would accept 'orders' to commit crimes, or
3 > other obviously bad things.
4
5 This is the crux of the problem. There are certain lines you will not
6 cross. I am saying that my line is different and by voicing that,
7 hopefully, making you re-consider yours.
8
9 > I'm again asserting that this idea is not
10 > fundamentally bad. The community has a 'toxic people problem' and our
11 > previous attempts at resolution have not really produced great results.
12 > Will this also produce great results? Not sure. But willing to try it.
13
14 Openness, transparency, inclusiveness. Those are some pretty
15 fundemental values. Reconsider. But if you decide to go ahead, I am
16 not going to judge you. You (or the council members who voted yes) are
17 not bad persons. Just somewhat different values - which is surprising
18 in a sad way.
21 Eray