From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Packages/build systems not honoring LINGUAS and a sane solution
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 19:53:48
1 On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 22:58:06 +0100
2 Piotr Szymaniak <szarpaj@××××××××.pl> wrote:
3
4 > localepurge will be removed from portage [1]. As I was (/am) heavy
5 > user of it I found it funny that "linguas takes care of the proper
6 > locale installation" [2]. Maybe it should, but there's some major
7 > failure in lots of packages.
8
9 I don't think we should drop it unless there's a reason to. It works fine
10 and people obviously use it (me too!).
11
12 > So I filled few dozen bugs about this, but it's not always an easy task
13 > to make a package respect LINGUAS. As we talked about it on #gentoo-bugs
14 > there were few suggestions to solve this issue.
15 >
16 > Not directly related to solving, but will help (by ssuominen):
17 > make a tracker bug for offending packages
18
19 Yes, please. Once these get fixed then we can drop localepurge. And please
20 ignore hyperactive bug wranglers who think they get to decide when you've
21 filed "enough" bugs. We want these reports.
25 fonts, gcc-porting
26 toolchain, wxwidgets
27 @ gentoo.org