From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] apache2 default for 2006.0
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 00:50:32
1 On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 16:34 -0800, Michael Stewart (vericgar) wrote:
2 > Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > > I'd like to add the apache2 USE flag to 2006.0's profile. This would
4 > > not resolve bug #95140, but would keep users from hitting it by default.
5 > > With apache being such a popular package, having it fail from a default
6 > > stage3 installation reflects poorly on us all. If I haven't heard any
7 > > good objections by November 30th, I'll make the change. This will *not*
8 > > be retroactive to any previous release profiles.
11 > Sorry about the late reply.
12 >
13 > I've been working on setting up a UML today so I could better test and
14 > fix that bug (honestly, apache-1.3 is a mess). Now that I have the UML
15 > set up, it shouldn't take me too long to get that bug fixed.
16 >
17 > As fas as adding apache2 to the 2006.0 profile - no objections here, and
18 > in fact I'd prefer it that way.
19
20 Cool. I was really hoping for a positive nod from the apache team. =]
21
22 I've been testing it in my tinderbox runs, and it really does keep the
23 bug from showing itself. It doesn't resolve the issue, but it does keep
24 people from hitting it by default.
27 Chris Gianelloni
28 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
29 x86 Architecture Team