From: David Leverton <levertond@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Adding --as-needed to LDFLAGS in profiles/default/linux/make.defaults
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 17:25:43
1 On Tuesday 29 June 2010 09:46:52 Alex Alexander wrote:
2 > If the community feels their choice, albeit not perfect, will help the
3 > project, you have to respect that. That is, if you want to be part of the
4 > community :)
5
6 I see your point to some extent, but the concern is that such decisions might
7 sometimes get made according to who's best at ignoring technical objections
8 rather than what's the best thing to do. It has happened before, although in
9 that case the change was made first, and then when the issue was brought up
10 it got basically ignored for so long that it would be pointless to fix. It
11 would be worrying if things like that started to happen more often.
12
13 In any case, as mentioned in my other mail, if this particular change is done
14 in a way that's optional for the user, I personally won't be /too/ upset if
15 the rest of you want to do unspeakable things to your systems ;-).