From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: app-portage/genlop: 9 open bugs, dead upstream
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 12:50:37
1 On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 14:45:29 +0300
2 Ivan Yosifov <ivan@×××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Thanks, Alin.
5 >
6 > This was the type of constructive response I was hoping to provoke.
7 > Don't get me wrong - I like genlop, however software "final state"
8 does
9 > not exist IMO, and bugfixing is hugely important with any software.
10 >
11 > Also, by "dead upstream" I mean that the page does not even exist
12 > anymore, not just that there is no activity.
13
14 If no one objects, I'll attempt to contact upstream on the status, and
15 whether the author also considers this 'dead'. Depending on the answer,
16 I'd be willing to assume work on it (most likely with a name change so
17 as to avoid infringements, etc.). Soon as I get some mod_perl stuff
18 sorted, I'll take a look at the bugs that are open. Anyone on
19 portage-tools object to the intervention?