From: "Tony \\\"Chainsaw\\\" Vroon" <chainsaw@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Policy for late/slow stabilizations
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 18:37:53
On Sun, 2010-06-27 at 18:04 +0300, Markos Chandras wrote:
> As many of you have already noticed, there are some arches that are quite > slow on stabilizations. This leads to deprecated stabilizations e.g a > package is stabilized after 60 days which makes that version of > the specific package obsolete and not worth to stabilize anymore.
So you would suggest to be like Ubuntu and say "we can not be bothered to support any minority architectures anymore". This effectively disbands all architecture teams except AMD64 and X86; it should be subject to the same scrutiny (I suggest a council vote) as a GLEP or EAPI change. Personally I would like to hear stronger reasons then "it inconveniences me when a bug I file is open longer then a month" to destroy the current diversity of supported architectures (be it PowerPC or a prefix installation on OS X). Regards, Tony V.

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Policy for late/slow stabilizations Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>