From: "Tony \\\"Chainsaw\\\" Vroon" <chainsaw@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Policy for late/slow stabilizations
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 18:37:53
1 On Sun, 2010-06-27 at 18:04 +0300, Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > As many of you have already noticed, there are some arches that are quite
3 > slow on stabilizations. This leads to deprecated stabilizations e.g a
4 > package is stabilized after 60 days which makes that version of
5 > the specific package obsolete and not worth to stabilize anymore.
6
7 So you would suggest to be like Ubuntu and say "we can not be bothered
8 to support any minority architectures anymore". This effectively
9 disbands all architecture teams except AMD64 and X86; it should be
10 subject to the same scrutiny (I suggest a council vote) as a GLEP or
11 EAPI change.
12 Personally I would like to hear stronger reasons then "it inconveniences
13 me when a bug I file is open longer then a month" to destroy the current
14 diversity of supported architectures (be it PowerPC or a prefix
15 installation on OS X).
16
17 Regards,
18 Tony V.