From: Joshua Baergen <joshuabaergen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Duplicate licences
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 16:58:17
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > So you propose we go through and change every package in the tree that
3 > uses BSD or MIT (or GPL with the copyright disclaimer)?
6 I propose that we decide on the correct way of doing things first, then
7 decide a plan of action from that. And that includes an opinion from
8 someone who knows what they're talking about, whether it be legal advice
9 or a clarification to the point of the licenses directory.
10
11 As Carsten pointed out one e-mail down in the thread, there's no real
12 documentation about what licenses should be, so currently it's a "he
13 said-she said" issue.
14 > Every other package maintainer manages to get it right. That it's a bit
15 > more work to do things properly is no excuse.
18 You seem to contradict your above statement here. In any case, it's
19 less work to just make almost everything MIT.
20
21 Joshua Baergen
22 --
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list