From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Working Group established to evaluate the stable tree
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 10:22:39
1 On 08/15/2016 09:55 AM, Brian Dolbec wrote:
4 > For me IN_PROGRESS means the problem is being worked on, not that a fix
5 > has been posted/committed anywhere.
6
7 Indeed
8
9 > INVCS is once the fix has been
10 > committed to the source repo and not anything to do with an ebuild from
11 > the coders perspective. The problem is the overlap of bugzilla for
12 > both ebuild repositories and source repositories. So if there is any
13 > changes to be made to the different states possible... Just remember
14 > the the different perspectives and try to make it clear what they are
15 > for.
16
17 Yes, we're talking about the gentoo ebuild repository, source projects
18 etc should likely be an own product in bugzilla, it is not what we're
19 discussing in this context.
20
21 > Also, if a pkg is never stabilized... does that mean it's bugs
22 > can never be closed? So far in the discussion, that point has not been
23
24 No, you'd simply skip the stabilization step, as if the highest
25 visibility is testing/~arch to begin with there isn't any stable necessary
26
27 > brought up, but is very relevant to the discussion.
28 >
29 > /me mumbles about the extra bookeeping that work-flow will
30 > make...and subsequently put off and/or forget to do ;)
33 Better than developers marking it fixed without it hitting stable as too
34 many are doing today.
37 Kristian Fiskerstrand
38 OpenPGP certificate reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
39 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3