From: Sebastian Werner <sebastian@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] gdkxft
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 15:02:32
1 Hello
2
3 I have compiled the new mozilla-0.9.7 with the gdkxft (XFT rendered TrueType fonts for GDK - gdkxft.sf.net) patch. I don't know if there was decisions about this before. But the patch for mozilla-0.9.6 works fine with the new sources. And galeon and evolution build and run also find with active true type fonts. I don't think we need this for all gtk-apps. But mozilla with truetype support is really great. If you like it too i create some ebuilds for this. I don't like to create first ebuilds and then they wouldn't be accepted (the mosfet story ;-)). For me it's ok and it's run fine. I think we could add it with a new use flag like 'gdkxft'.
4
5 Mhh, as i read sometimes it's not fine to add the truetype path to the fontpath. But gdkxft need this. Mhh, in KDE 3 it seems to work fine (the truetype engine seems to be much better there) with truetypes in the normal font path.
6
7 Thanks in advance
8
9 Sebastian Werner